Thanksgiving Wellington: A Great Way to Use Your Leftovers

Looking for something new to do with all of those Thanksgiving leftovers? Search no more! These individual sized Thanksgiving Wellingtons are a delicious spin on the original Beef Wellington. The best part about the Thanksgiving Wellington is that you can personalize them. Here’s how to do it:

Ingredients:
• 1 square of Pastry Puff per serving (the last time I made them, I used Pepperidge Farm brand; but whatever brand you choose, remember to factor in enough time for the pastry puff to defrost!)
• 2 egg yolks
• ¼ Cup of water
• All of your Thanksgiving leftovers

Directions:
1. First, thaw the Pastry Puff at the appropriate time.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3. Make the egg wash by separating the eggs and reserving only the egg yolk. Put the egg yolks in a small bowl with the water. Use a whisk or a fork to blend together until smooth. Set aside.
4. Using wax paper or parchment paper as a surface, spread out the pastry puff until it is thin, but not at risk of tearing.
5. Next is the fun part! You get to add whatever fillings you want! What I like to do is add a thin layer of mashed potatoes in the center of the square; then, I add the turkey, then a small spoon of gravy, then stuffing, and finally top with cranberry sauce.
6. After you add your fillings, fold the sides in to the middle. Pinch the dough together to secure it.
7. Place on a greased cooking sheet. Brush the tops and sides with egg wash.
8. OPTIONAL: you may sprinkle the top with spices like coarse salt, fresh cracked pepper, rosemary, or whatever sounds tasty to you!
9. Place on a rack in the center of the oven and bake for about 25 minute or until golden brown.

*Remember these are guidelines! You can change so much about this recipe to make it suit you. You can even make the pastry puff into triangles instead of squares to make them wrap differently; or add cookie cutter pastry puff decorations to the top of it to add charm.

FullSizeRender