Leadership Symposium Will Welcome AJ Gerritson

On Wednesday, April 30, Lesley University’s Management Student Association will feature a talk by AJ Gerritson, founder of 451 Marketing.  And whether you are a business major or not, you will find that he is worth listening to.  451 Marketing is an award-winning independent communications agency that specializes in public relations, content and digital marketing.  Gerritson is a popular speaker, who has been quoted in newspapers and magazines, and seen on TV.  Few people in greater Boston understand the latest trends better than he does:  his company specializes in helping clients to use essential marketing techniques and social media tools to create awareness, generate leads and increase revenue. He is an excellent speaker, who makes sure that each presentation is customized for the audience, to ensure that they are left with useful advice.  That is what you can expect when you hear him speak.

aj-on-fox

(Source: http://myfoxboston.com//)

I’m excited that we are bringing in someone with AJ Gerritson’s experience.  But this is what the Management Student Association tries to do.  We are not your typical business club.   Of course, we strive to bring real world business experience to the students of the Lesley University community. But we also provide students the opportunity to accelerate their professional development within a fun and collegial atmosphere. I am the current Secretary of the Management Student Association: the reason I joined it is because I saw this as an opportunity for me to grow as a person, to build on leadership and communication skills that I needed to work on, and also to make friends in the process. Over the last several semesters, I can honestly say that being on the executive board has opened my eyes to what it takes to embark in the business world.  The Management Student Association has hosted a number of events:  previous Leadership Symposiums, LinkedIn Workshops, and we co-sponsored Community Service and Open Mic events.

Students who attend the Leadership Symposium on April 30 will get a “once in a lifetime” opportunity to meet the co-founder of a successful organization, and hear his journey of making it to the top.  I can speak about this from my own experience:  I currently intern at 451 Marketing, and I can say that AJ is open, enthusiastic, and passionate about what he does. I see him as a mentor and someone I want to be in life.  So, whether you are interested in public relations, marketing, communication, social media, or business, you will want to hear AJ Gerritson speak. I am sure you will find him as inspiring and informative as I have.  I hope to see you on Wednesday, April 30, at 4 pm in the Amphitheater in University Hall.

Categorised in: Campus Events, Campus News